After posting “Do You Really Want It?”, I decided to commit to 40 days, not 30, of practicing manifesting. Each day I will post either a different aspect to be practiced, information about the Laws of the Universe and how they work, inspirational information, etc. to help keep myself and others who have accepted the challenged to stay motivated.
Tomorrow will mark day 1 of our 40 day challenge. The Magic of Make Believe will be our focus for Day 1. As a child, I’m sure most of us, if not all of us played make believe. We used the power of our imaginations to think of new possibilities. We also used it to create imaginary friends, family, careers, games, food, money etc. Basically you name it and Presto! As kids, it was ours via our imagination.
What does playing make believe and getting the things we deeply desire in life have in common? Both require that we tap into the creative power of our imaginations; stretching it beyond knowledge to “envision” and pursue the infinitely many possibilities in our live that will inspire our spirit, soul and body. What’s the benefit of playing make believe as adults? For some it’s a cathartic release, and for others a means of escape, but for everyone who chooses to commit the time to act AS IF will discover the addictive fun that it allows fully grown adults to engage in within the magical realm of make-believe. That place, as we age, somehow became increasingly inaccessible. And now it’s time access it again.
However, I don’t think many of us understood the real potency of the magic of make believe and its connection to bringing forth the things we deeply desire into the real world. Many meta-physicians argue that our subconscious doesn’t know the difference between what is real and what is imagined. They contend it accepts all deeply ingrained pattern of thought as the real McCoy particularly when it is accompanied with strong emotions. The school of thought says that if you practice acting AS IF habitually that after some time, you will begin to feel that your desire is closer to coming true, more real, more ‘doable’, and not so far away as it used to be. They argue the more convincingly you engage in acting AS IF, the more your subconscious accepts it as true and goes about doing it’s magic in the realm of make believe and manifests it into our physical realm called reality.
Could this be true? Let’s conduct an experiment for the next 40 days and find out. From yesterday’s post, I would imagine like me you’ve finally made the decision to get what you want. Also if you’re like me you made the decision to get more than one thing you want. I would like to recommend for this experiment we focus acting AS IF on our number one desire that we’ve decided we want. For this number one desire, this is how we will conduct our experiment:
- Record daily how you are feeling on a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being pffft this will never happen and 10 being what I don’t already have it?)
- Record anything that happens blatantly or coincidentally or remotely related to what you want (for instance you want to reconnect with a lover and you meet two or three people with that person’s name, looks like that person, they contact you, or you see their name repeatedly)
- Throughout the day do whatever you can that helps you to act AS IF you already have what you want (see tips below)
- Each night right before you go to sleep rehearse a scene in your mind over and over again of what it feels like to already have what you want (for instance you want a new job, rehearse getting the call notifying you have the job, or telling some very close to you that you got the job)
- If anything happened during the course of the day that was contrary to what you want, rewrite the script as being in agreement with what you want. For instance, let’s say your number 1 desire is to get a new job but you receive notice that you were not selected to go further in the process, then rewrite the script in your mind as if you received a job offer or notification you were selected to participate in the next step)
Here are some additional tips from the e-book “Manifesting: The Secret behind the Law of Attraction” by Alexander Janzer:
- When attracting success in your career or business — behave AS IF you are already a successful businessman. Constantly ask yourself: “Is this how a successful businessman behaves, thinks, or speaks?” If not, adjust your behavior towards acting AS IF that is who you are.
- When attracting money — behave AS IF you already have an abundance of money. Do not worry about money, even if it feels unnatural at first. Basically, behave like a millionaire, but keep unnecessary expenses down. Saving money is in fact one of the things that attracts more financial abundance through the Law of Attraction. Make it a habit to be fully aware of your finances. Make it a habit to always carry money in your pocket. Place a dollar bill on your desk where you can always see it. Do things that make you feel abundant in some way: go to the mountains, the sea, forest, look at the stars.
- When attracting a relationship — acting AS IF involves making space in your life for the partner you want to attract. For example, put out dishes for two people when eating alone, or make your house ready to invite someone in it, keep yourself in good shape. This works on many levels, including the activation of the Law of Attraction. Start being open towards people — maybe talk to more people or start conversations when you usually would not.
I invite you to join me in this experiment and practice the Magic of Make Believe for 40 days and let’s discover if there truly is a connection between make believe and it’s the real thing. If you have additional tips about acting AS IF or have questions, share them in comments.